BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Management with Foundation Year
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE MANAGEMENT:
The delivery of effective health and social care services relies on strong leadership and management. This programmer will enable you to develop an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills of the leadership and leadership and management needed for efficient and effective delivery of services in the health and social care environment. We seek to help you to develop as a reflective practitioner and to gain skills in effective communication, critical analysis and continuous learning with a clear understanding of the issues and changes taking place both nationally and locally within health and social care.
The programme is designed to take account of the frameworks developed by the National Health Service and the Department of Health and Social Care and is underpinned by a commitment to the value base of health and social care and seeks to produce graduates who are committed to actively promoting the rights and choices of those who use health and care services.
Foundation Year Modules
- Perspectives in Health and Social Care Management
- The Health and Social Care Professional
- Academic Study Skills
- Communication for Professionals
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Basic Statistics and ICT
Year 1 Modules (Level 4)
- Principles and Practice in Health and Social Care
- Critical thinking and reflective practice
- Safeguarding – Prevention and early intervention in service design
- Collaborative Working in Health and Social Care Provision
- Working in partnership with users of Health and Social Care Services
- The Business Environment
Year 2 Modules (Level 5)
- Managing Human Resources in Health and Social
- Financial management in Health and Social Care
- Organisational Management in Health and Social Care: Influences, Quality and Change
- Social Science Research Methods
- Health: Mind, Body, Society
- Innovation Management
Year 3 Modules (Level 6)
- Dissertation in Sociology
- Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care -CPD and ProfessionalPractice
- Contemporary Issues and Debates in Health and Social Care
- Enterprise: Creating Your Business
- Organisational Strategy
A range of summative assessment tasks will be used to test the Intended Learning Outcomes in each module. These are indicated in the attached assessment map which shows which tasks are used in which modules.
Students will be supported in their development towards summative assessment by appropriate formative exercises in each module.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE MANAGEMENT:
- Enhance knowledge of leadership and management skills and how these can be applied within a variety of sectors
- Be familiar with the methods used to collect and interpret data and help you become an informed, independent and reflective practitioner through the development and application of practical research skills
- Improve your ability to think logically, analyse problems and communicate effectively within the workplace
- Prepare for employment in a wide range of contexts either within or without the field of health and social care or for further study
- Enhance transferable skills that you can take forward into employment including problem-solving, decision-making, digital literacy and written, verbal and visual communication
Assuming that some of the students come from a variety of educational backgrounds and many have not completed traditional routes to higher education the College requires students to undertake tutorial sessions on study skills. Additional one to one support is provided to these students.
At FSB we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you will usually have achieved a minimum of 90 credits from a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels or BTECs
Mature learners (Aged 21+)
If you are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life, and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a Personal Statement
- English Language Test (with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an Interview
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR ADMISSIONS TEAM FOR MORE INFORMATION.