Here at FSB we ensure that through our vision, values, relationships and teaching we promote tolerance and respect for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles.
We have a duty to prepare our students for life in modern Britain and to keep them safe. To that end, through our practice and academic delivery, we have incorporated the full set of British Values into everything that we do.
What are British values?
According to the Department for Education (DfE) British values are:
“The precious liberties enjoyed by the citizens of the United Kingdom.”
Consequently, listed below are some examples of how we promote these values in FSB
Students play an important role in FSB decision making through active participation in Student Union
Each course has elected student representatives
Student voice is heard through representation on Committees and student feedback surveys
FSB encourages free speech and allows students to listen to and consider others point of view
The rule of law
• FSB has clear, consistent college policies and procedures which are consistently applied throughout the college
• Complaints Policy - FSB has adopted OIA best practice standards to allow students to express genuine dissatisfaction and raise Prevent concerns so that they can be dealt with promptly and without fear of detriment or reprisals
Security on site
Within FSB students are actively encouraged to make choices, whilst knowing they are in a safe and supportive environment as outlined in Security Policy
• Through Equality and Diversity Policy FSB is committed to promoting equality, diversity and an inclusive and supportive environment for students, staff and other stakeholders
• Anti-Bullying and Harassment Policy Disciplinary Policy
Mutual respect and Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
•FSB encourages respect for other people, paying particular regard to the protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010
• Multi faith room
• Cultural celebrations
• Student Support and Disability Policy
• All Student Union events involving external speakers are subject to FSB's External Speaker and Events Policy and Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation Policy.
• Safeguarding and External Contractors Policy/Safeguarding Vulnerable Person policy - these policies, combined with the Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation and External Speaker