BA (Hons) Business and Management with Foundation Year
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT:
The Business and Management undergraduate programme provides a flexible, stimulating and supportive learning environment that fosters creativity. Fairfield School of Business (in partnership with Bath Business School) students are innovative, responsible and globally connected. The course is ideal for students who wish to obtain a degree that will provide them with a firm foundation to build a successful career in business.
Foundation Year Modules
- Academic Study Skills
- Planning Your Career in Business
- Communication for Professionals
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Basic Statistics and ICT
Year 1 Modules (Level 4)
- The Business Environment
- Professional Practice
- OrganisationalBehaviour and Management
- Economics and Globalisation
- Managing Data
- Design Thinking for Enterprise
Year 2 Modules (Level 5)
- Creativity for Business
- Innovation Management
- The Marketing Business
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
Year 3 Modules (Level 6)
- Business and Management Project
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Enterprise: Creating your Business
- Organisational Strategy
- Managing Sustainability
A range of summative assessment tasks will be used to test the Intended Learning Outcomes in each module. These are indicated in the attached assessment map which shows which tasks are used in which modules.
Students will be supported in their development towards summative assessment by appropriate formative exercises in each module.
Assuming that some of the students come from a variety of educational backgrounds and many have not completed traditional routes to higher education the College requires students to undertake tutorial sessions on study skills. Additional one to one support is provided to these students.
At FSB we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you will usually have achieved a minimum of 90 credits from a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels or BTECs
Mature learners (Aged 21+)
If you are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life, and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a Personal Statement (500 words)
- English Language Test (with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an Interview