Student Finance


You can only apply if:

  • you’re a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (that is, no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK);
  • you normally live in England; and
  • you’ve been living in the UK for at least three years before the first day of your course.
  • If you don’t meet those conditions, you may still be eligible if you are:

  • an EU national, or a relative of one;
  • a refugee, or a relative of one;
  • under humanitarian protection (as a result of a failed application for asylum);
  • an EEA/Swiss migrant worker, or a relative of one;
  • the child of a Swiss national (your parents must provide information and evidence they’ll be living in the UK at the start of your course); or
  • the child of a Turkish worker.
  • If you normally live in the Channel Islands you can’t apply to Student Finance England. You should contact the education authority on your island to apply for student finance.